Fall wedding season is upon us, and for any bride, waking up on her wedding day with gorgeous, healthy, glowing skin is a top priority. Much like finding the prefect wedding dress and venue, to help skin be in prime condition for your big day (and every day after that), you need to take a long-term approach, and start thinking about your professional skin treatment options three to six months out in order to be ready on the big day!
Your first step: get a professional skin treatment
· Start-off with a professional skin treatment which will help you address more serious skin issues such as redness, brown or dark spots, or more pronounced lines and wrinkles. Two excellent skin treatments for brides are IPL (intense pulsated light) and microneedling, which both deliver intense results that can typically be seen after one treatment, and which have very little down-time.
· IPL targets dark spots and hyperpigmentation on the skin, and is perfect for helping to brighten and clarify the overall tone of the skin.
· Microneedling targets texture and elasticity, and leaves skin looking smoother, more firm and lifted.
· Both treatments usually require three to four sessions, spaced four weeks apart so starting early is essential, especially if you’d like to get both!
· Bonus treatment: if you have enough time, also consider laser hair removal, which will permanently reduce hair in targeted areas. It’s crucial to allow enough time for this one as treatments are spaced 6-8 weeks apart, and most women need six sessions.
Your second step: invest in medical grade skincare
· Along with professional skin treatments, investing in medical grade skincare will help keep your skin looking hydrated and smooth, and if you are prone to them, minimize breakouts. ZO Skin Health offers everything from brightening to anti-aging to acne control so no matter your particular skin type, we can create a perfect daily skin regimen to leave your skin looking and feeling its best.
· It’s best to start using your new skincare regimen approximately three months before the wedding in order to give your skin a chance to acclimate to the new system, and to help ensure optimal results on the most important day—your wedding!
With so many other things to think about and plan for your wedding, beautiful skin shouldn’t be one of them. For a free consultation to discuss the best option for your skin (and wedding date!) get in-touch; I’d love to be a part of making your wedding day dreams come true.