It’s a story heard all too often: the tattoo that was once your pride and joy has become a source of anxiety and irritation—and tattoo removal options are suddenly on your mind. According to WebMd, which estimates that nearly 25% of the US population has some sort of tattoo, the interest in removing these tattoos is also likely to grow. And here at Norah Clair Aesthetics, we have the answer: laser tattoo removal with PicoSure.
The most advanced method of laser tattoo removal available, PicoSure is a minimally invasive treatment that uses Pressure Wave Technology to break ink up into small particles, which the body then naturally eliminates. Able to remove multiple colors of pigment in half the time of traditional tattoo removal procedures, PicoSure also offers more rapid results.
Here, the top four questions I get asked about the PicoSure laser tattoo removal process.
1. Why PicoSure? As an aesthetic nurse, it is extremely important to me that I use the most advanced technology available in order to give my patients the best outcomes. For tattoo removal, that technology is PicoSure, which is the first pico second technology on the market to utilize PressureWave Technology, and which offers faster healing and more immediate results for you. In fact, I am one of the first practitioners to treat tattoos with PicoSure in the DC metro area.
2. How many treatments will it take? Typically, PicoSure can range from a single treatment to several (4-7), but the exact number of treatments needed is dependent on many factors including: ink color; age and location of the tattoo; skin type; your overall health; existing scars; whether or not you’ve had other laser treatments; who originally inked you (amateur vs professional); and finally –client compliance and following-through on after-care.
3. What should I expect after my treatment? Because the skin is going through a transition, it is normal to possibly experience mild blisters and some nominal sensitivity. To help soothe the skin, keep the area clean and apply Aquaphor daily until skin heals (about one week). Also, avoid sun exposure to the area for 2 weeks following your PicoSure treatment, and 2 weeks prior to your next treatment.
4. Is the PicoSure tattoo removal process painful? Although less painful than other methods of tattoo removal, for some patients, there can be mild discomfort. To help minimize this, I offer several in-office treatments including a topical numbing cream; injectable lidocaine; and a skin chiller, all of which help increase your comfort during treatment.
5. Is PicoSure good for anything else? Yes! In fact, PicoSure Technology has shown great success in helping to reduce the appearance of skin pigmentation such as age spots, sun damage, freckles and even acne scars.
Above all else, when you are ready for laser tattoo removal, it is vitally important that you know your provider! Make sure they are experienced in and well-trained on the complexities of laser tattoo removal, and that they have the appropriate accreditations or certificates to administer this service. Just as poorly applied ink can have disastrous results, so too can a poorly administered tattoo removal process. For even more information on PicoSure laser tattoo removal, contact me directly to answer all of your questions and schedule a consultation.