With cool weather headed our way, now is the perfect time to refresh and rejuvenate summer-weary skin with a professional skin treatment such as microneedling. Also called collagen induction therapy, microneedling is a skin treatment that uses very fine needles to create tiny perforations in the skin. These small incisions then help promote the skin’s ability to heal itself through the production of natural collagen and elastin.
Here, a few of the many benefits of a microneedling skin treatment:
- Helps improve the appearance of fine lines, rough texture, skin discoloration, large pores, acne scars, cellulite, and stretch marks.
- Suitable for all skin types and tones.
- Microneedling can be done all over the body, with most people choosing to treat their face, chest, décolleté, arms, and stomach.
- The sensation of microneedling is mild, and often described as the feeling of sandpaper on the skin, but can vary from person to person.
- Because the skin begins to heal very quickly, recovery time is brief. Although some people many notice a slight red flush (like sunburn) on their skin immediately after treatment, most are fully recovered within one day.
- The small channels created by microneedling increase the absorption of topical skincare products. When paired with medical grade skincare either during or immediately after treatment, microneedling can deliver even more robust results faster than when using skincare alone.
- Results are fast! The skin’s repair process kicks in almost immediately, which means your skin will be left looking smooth, toned, and revitalized very quickly.
Who is the best candidate for microneedling? Simply put, a microneedling skin treatment is a fantastic option for women (and men) of all ages and with all types of skin. Because the punctures in the skin are so microscopic, and because no heat is used (such as with a laser), even people with more sensitive skin can expect great outcomes from microneedling. And, microneedling complements other skin treatments, such as Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP).
For best results, plan on a series of three microneedling treatments spaced out four weeks apart. The day after your treatment, you may wear a light, breathable foundation, such as Oxygenetix, which was specifically designed to calm skin after a professional procedure, and protects against UV damage with SPF25. Interested in seeing how a microneedling skin treatment will revitalize and rejuvenate your skin? Book an appointment for your complimentary consultation!